The following documents are not on the Home Office's checklist and therefore cannot be used to prove your Right to Work in the UK.
- A full or provisional driving licence
- A Birth Certificate for a citizen outside of the UK
- A National Identity Card for a citizen outside of UK/EU/EEA
- A Visa or Residence Permits for a citizen to work outside of the UK
- A Marriage Certificate
- A UK issued travel document which is not itself a passport
- General Home Office letters.
- A National Insurance Number presented in any format on its own
- A DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check
- A document that has been certified as a true copy by a solicitor or notary public
- A bill issued by a financial institution or a utility company.
- A Home Office Standard Acknowledgement Letter or Immigration Service Letter (IS96W) which states that an asylum seeker can work in the UK
- A card or certificate issued by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) under the Construction Industry Scheme
- A licence provided by the Security Industry Authority
What documents can I provide instead?